Monday, December 5, 2011

Is Marketing the Scourge of the Internet?

Hey, I’m Corbett Barr. I’m an independent writer, entrepreneur and founder of Insanely Useful Media. My other projects include Think Trafficand Expert Enough.

I’ve long felt that marketing is a necessary part of succeeding in business. Most who follow the “if you build it they will come” philosophy languish in obscurity.

I learned this the hard way back in the early 2000s with my first attempt at building an online business. It failed miserably for a number of reasons, not least of which was my complete lack of understanding of how to get the word out about what I created.

In this case, I’m defining marketing as promoting your products, services, or your work or business in general. It’s the act of getting the word out and telling the world what you have to offer.

But the act of getting the word out can take many forms, especially online.



Is Marketing the Scourge of the Internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment