Thursday, November 10, 2011

Adobe Flash Meets Its End


November 9, 2011 11:13am EST
  • In the eternal battle for Web supremacy, one of the major warriors just laid down its weapons. Adobeconfirmed this morning that it will cease all development of mobile versions of Flash. That means that Android, BlackBerry OS, and other devices that had touted Flash capability as one of their key selling points will soon no longer matter.
    The timing of this was interesting, because I had been conducting my own private experiment over the course of the past month with my MacBook. Some time ago, after much troubleshooting (including a complete rebuild), I realized that whenever I used Google Chrome, the MacBook ran unacceptably hot, and the promised seven-hour battery life shrunk to as little as three hours. It turned out that Google Chrome was kicking in the MacBook's discrete graphics chip, as well as putting more strain on the CPU overall.











PC Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment