Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nice View, Isn't It?

(with thanks to the writings of Thomas F. Zahler, who inspired this essay..)

Nice view, huh? Pretty from up here... From here, it's just a blue marble, adrift against the void. From here, there are no details.. No borders, boundaries, no political ideologies or religions to divide us. "Don't sweat the small stuff". From here, it all seems like small stuff....

There's another detail that you can miss from here: There are six billion + people populating the planet. Those details that look small from here, are pretty huge and important to them; "Can I find a job?", "Can I pay my bills?", "Will I be able to afford to give my children an education?", "Can I find food to feed my children today?", "Will I be killed today?", "Will I live to see tomorrow?"

That's the thing about technology. We can see so many new places, change our perspectives. But, will we use to it to learn, to help? Or will we run away from our troubles?

No comments:

Post a Comment