Thursday, July 21, 2011

Walter Cronkite Remembers the Lunar Landing

..There are some events that create that "before...and after" in history. Like July 16th, 1945; mankind first realized that it had the power to destroy all life on Earth in it's hands. Then there's July 20th, 1969...
 I generally do not feel much connection to those who were born after that date. They are of the generations who never knew what it was like to look upon the Moon, and wonder what was up there. To me, it is still the impossible made real.
Nor do I have much truck with those conspiracy theorists who insist the landing was faked. I suffer that kind of fool, not at all.. It was only the release of Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey (and the special effects of Douglas Trumball) before 1969 that made such accusations seem plausible..(something I'm discussing in current blogs)..

No comments:

Post a Comment